Dive in the best coral reef and diverse location in the world
Highly regarded as the best coral diving on the planet, Raja Ampat offers unrivaled biodiversity of marine life and fauna. Discover the sublime underwater world of Raja Ampat with our liveaboard experience.
The MV Raja Ampat Explorer is the perfect budget-friendly option to explore the regions of Raja Ampat. The ship measures 33.5 meters and accommodates 14 guests in 7 cabins. Each double or twin cabin is fully equipped with hot showers, washing basin, toilet and fully air conditioned. Open areas for socializing includes an air-conditioned lounge equipped with entertainment systems and a dining area that seats 14 guests. Meals are served in a buffet-style with a choice of Indonesian and European dishes. The Explorer is also equipped with a partially shaded sun deck where guests can relax and unwind with a bottle of beer while taking in the gorgeous views of the Indonesian archipelago.
Raja Ampat itineraries include visits to Misool, Fam, Arborek and Mansuar, with departure and return in Sorong. Divers can enjoy up to 3 dives a day around the incredibly diverse waters surrounding Raja Ampat on a 5 til 10 night cruise. Onboard dive facilities include individual gear-up stations, on-board compressors, diving platform with showers and camera setup and charging stations. There are also 2 dive tenders for convenient drop-off and pick up.
Marine life diversity in the Raja Ampat area is the highest recorded on Earth.
The Raja Ampat Archipelago is known as the “crown jewel” in the Papuan “Bird’s Head Seascape” (named for the distinctive shape of the North-Western section of the island of New Guinea) and is an area with unparalleled marine biodiversity.
The Coral Triangle is the heart of the world’s coral reef biodiversity, making Raja Ampat quite possibly the richest coral reef ecosystems in the world. The area’s massive coral colonies along with relatively high sea surface temperatures, also suggest that its reefs may be relatively resistant to threats like coral bleaching and coral disease, which now jeopardize the survival of other coral ecosystems around the world. The Raja Ampat islands are remote and relatively undisturbed by humans.
According to scientists, the surrounding area around the resorts are famously known as the “bulls eye of biodiversity”. The waters here are home to some of the highest concentration of healthy reefs on the planet. The sheer abundance of marine life found here makes it one of the most lively dives found anywhere on the planet. Expect to see generous amounts of schooling fish, manta rays, various species of pygmy seahorse, wobbegongs, bump head parrot fish, giant trevally, barracuda and just about every reef fish and critter known to science. All of this is presented against the world’s most radiant and healthiest hard and soft corals.
November 2019 to February 2020 6 Days, 5 Nights Trip
- Day 01: Upon arrival Sorong - transfer to M/V. Raja Ampat Explorer. Proceed to 2 dives includes night dive at Wai Island and Yanbuba (L,D)
- Day 02: Proceed to 4 dives around Mansuar: Yenbuba, Cape Kri, Chicken Reef, Mioskom (B,L,D).
- Day 03: Proceed to 3-4 dives around Penemu Island: My reef, Melissa Garden, Channel (B,L,D)
- Day 04: Proceed to 4 dives: Mayhem, Manta Sandy, Sardine Reef (B,L,D)
- Day 05: Proceed 2 dives around Mansuar: Cape Kri & Blue Magic. At noon - set the cruise back to Sorong Harbour (B,L,D)
- Day 06: After breakfast - transfer to the airport for flight to Jakarta
Please contact us for exact departure date information.
Booking & Payment
Cost of RAE for 6 days/5 nights: Rp.22,000,000.-
To confirm your reservation, need a deposit of Rp.10,000,000.-, and the balance is due one month prior to the trip.
Inclusions & Price
- Accommodation on board the M/V with air-conditioned cabin and en-suite bathroom
- tank/air refills
Nitrox dive is available for a maximum of 7 divers per day
- Harbour clearance & conservation fee: Foreigner : Rp.1,100,000.-/person; Indonesian: Rp.600,000.-/person
- Flight tickets Jakarta/Sorong/Jakarta
- Scuba equipment rentals
- Alcoholic Beverages, Softdrinks