Explore underwater worlds longer by extending dive times with sidemounted cylinders
A Sidemount configuration (scuba tanks alongside the diver) offers more flexibility and better streamlining options. Learn about the many benefits of diving with Sidemount configuration.
Having scuba tanks on your back isn’t a requirement for exploring the underwater world. Many scuba divers have discovered the joy of mounting cylinders on their sides. Sidemount diving gives you flexibility and streamlining options. Plus, you don’t have to walk with heavy cylinders on your back – just enter the water, clip them on and go.
What will you learn?
It takes 2 days to complete the specialty course. You will need to attend the classroom sessions, swimming pool training and 3 ocean dives.
First Day - Classroom session will start from 9AM to learn about Sidemount Theory. The topics will include:
- Sidemount equipment options.
- Sidemount setup (one or two cylinders).
- Gas management.
- Gas supply emergencies on recreational Sidemount dives.
- Entry and exit techniques for Sidemount.
After completing the theory, we will start to practice the skills in the swimming pool. There were four skills sets as described below. After the pool session, if you would like more practice before entering the open water, our Instructors will be happy to assist you.
- Properly assemble and configure Sidemount scuba diving equipment.
- Trim your weight system and Sidemount gear so you’re perfectly balanced in the water.
- Manage gas by switching second stages as planned, if wearing two cylinders.
- Respond correctly to potential problems when Sidemount diving.
Second day – It is time to dive into the ocean. On the 1st dive you will need to practice skills which you learnt from the previous days pool session. After you demonstrate the Sidemount skills comfortably, we will start the 2nd and 3rd dive with less skill practice and more on fun diving.
The course is conducted in one of these locations: Tulamben area which is home to the infamous USAT Liberty Shipwreck, Padang Bai with calm blue lagoon, Nusa Penida with thrilling drift currents, and our lovely dive center in Sanur.
- Be at least 15 years old.
- PADI Open Water Diver certification (or equivalent from other training organizations).
Inclusions & Price
- PADI Professional Instructors.
- PADI Sidemount Diver and Tec Sidemount Diver manual.
- Certification card (Lifetime validity).
- Full Sidemount scuba equipment.
- Boat rental.
- Transfer to dive sites.
- Lunch, snacks, soft drinks/water and towels.
- Hotel transfer from/to dive center in Sanur, Nusa Dua, Kuta and Seminyak areas.
|Hotel pick up time between||:||6AM – 7AM|
|Returning to our Sanur dive center||:||4PM|
|Travelling to Tulamben or Padang bai will take approximately 2 hours by car|
|Travelling to Nusa Penida will take approximately 45 minutes by speed boat|