Learn and apply the basic principles of scuba diving, in this quick subset of the PADI Open Water Diver course. Perfect for participants who are short on time but plan to become a scuba diver!
The PADI Scuba Diver course is a subset of the PADI Open Water Diver course. If you’re short on time but really want to become a diver, the PADI Scuba Diver rating might be right for you ̶ particularly if you expect to go scuba diving primarily with a dive guide. This course is an intermediate step for earning an Open Water Diver certification, if that’s your ultimate goal.
PADI Scuba Divers are qualified to:
- Dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional to a maximum depth of 12 meters/40 feet.
- Obtain air fills, rent or purchase scuba equipment and participate in dive activities as long as properly supervised.
- Continue dive training by completing the PADI Open Water Diver certification and taking certain specialty diver courses.
What will you learn?
The PADI Scuba Diver course consists of three main parts, it takes an average of just 2 days to finish the course and earn your first scuba certification.
- First day, morning: Knowledge Development (eLearning also available, you may independent study or in a classroom) to understand basic principles of scuba diving – just the first three of five sections of the Open Water Diver course.
- First day, afternoon: You may start with the confined Water training, to learn basic scuba skills – just the first three of five dives of the Open Water Diver course
- Second day: Going to our favorite dive site--Sanur, to apply what you've learned and test your open water skills and explore – just two of four dives of the Open Water Diver course.
- Be at least 10 years old (10-14 year old earn a Junior Scuba Diver certification).
- You do not need to be a swimmer! We will provide trainings on water floating and swimming skills (with masks, fins and snorkel). 9 out 10 of our customers are non-swimmer.
Add-on (extra charges apply)
- More dives with us? You can refer to One Day Trips trips.
- Further learning into Open Water Diver Course, extra 2 days to improve your buoyancy control, dive deep 18m and earn more confidence for scuba diving.
Inclusions & Prices
- PADI Professional Instructors
- PADI scuba diver course learning materials
- Certification card (Lifetime validity)
- Scuba equipment (Brand new high quality)
- Boat rental
- Transfer to dive sites
- Lunch, snacks, soft drinks/water, towel
- Hotel transfer from/to dive center in Sanur, Nusa Dua, Kuta and Seminyak area
Day 1 : Hotel pick up time between 7 – 8 AM, start the knowledge development and pool section after lunch
Day 2 : Hotel pick up time between 7 – 8 AM, take boat to Sanur bay, finish two dives and returning to our Sanur dive center before 2pm.
We strongly recommend PADI e-learning
You can save a day from the Scuba diver course by taking the dive theories online. You can start the e-learning at home and work at your own pace. Once you arrive at the dive center, our PADI Instructors will start the knowledge reviews immediately. You will gain lifetime access on all the purchased online learning materials. Going digital reduces the production of plastics/papers, removes the need for shipping materials and improve our carbon footprint.